Historic La Morra Springs Ranch, Fort Sumner, NM

List Price
Status
Sold
Property Type
Farm/Ranch
Lot Size
16779 Acres

Property Description

Imagine Billy the Kid riding on the range, or the stage coach rolling up on this ranch. The house IS the original Butterfield Stage stop (with modern upgrades) that served traffic between Fort Sumner & Lincoln.

This Historic New Mexico ranch is located approximately 20 miles south of Fort Sumner. The rolling terrain sits on the western edge of the Pecos River water shed, gently sloping from west to east.

What is needed to make any ranch productive…… Grass, grass, grass and lots of it. The western 60% of the ranch is solid gramma turf and the remaining 40% is a mix of Gramma, Sacatone and Tabosa grasses. This place has been well managed through its current ownership.

The fences are in excellent condition, the entire ranch is watered from 7 wells and pipeline all in good repair. In addition to the headquarter corrals, there are 2 sets of pipe pens with well designed wire lots.

Ranch elevations range from approximately 4700′ on the western edge to 4100′ on the eastern side along US 20. Wells pump from approx. 80′ depths and waterers are well placed, so livestock has no more than a 3/4 mile walk to water. Headquarters are centrally located, only a 30 minute drive to Ft. Sumner or Roswell.

The headquarters sit near a natural spring that has served the area for centuries. Lots of History and Romance of the American Old West!!!

Mortgage Calculator

Amount of Loan
Annual Interest Rate
%
Term of Loan
Years

Does not include any taxes or fees.
Please consult a financial professional.
Calculator source: Real Geeks